Meeting the needs of God’s people
About the project
Our purpose is denoted in our name “COVENANT CARE” to show that we are all about membership care.
Our aims are to:
- Assist people to take steps in their lives
- Care and listen to people
- See that members are well catered for.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE
NLCC members though the door is open to outside people, for example, family members, friends, people who would have heard about us. It is the ministry that is hands on during the times of need, despair and pain.
This is done by meeting their needs in the following ways:
- Through deliverance to set individuals free from demonic oppression, bondages and various harmful and destructive addictions. (Isaiah 61 v 1: …….to proclaim liberty to captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound)
- To offer directed counselling and provide spiritual encouragement and empowerment, while tackling the root cause of congregants’ problems.
- To be a pillar of strength and provide much needed support in times of bereavement or loss, thus ensuring no congregant stands alone.
- To bring healing and restoration by laying hands on the sick, thus changing hopeless situations into powerful testimonies.
- To be an agent that fosters transformation by engaging in social responsibility activities that are geared at meeting the needs of the under privileged and the disadvantaged.
PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES WE ARE ENGAGED IN
SUPPORT TO THE BEREAVED
Covenant care gives comfort to the bereaved family and offers spiritual support and prayers during the time of loss. Our main responsibility is to give hope to family at funeral gatherings through song, preaching, comfort, prayers and assisting with any errands that need to be done. We are also responsible for the interment of the body of the deceased.
The CDIH Team is the arm of the church that is responsible for reaching out to the community’s less privileged individuals by identifying charities, orphanages, old people’s homes and working with these in order to fulfil NLCC’s mandate of ‘Transforming people and transforming nations.’
PRAYING FOR THE SICK
The hospital and home visitation ministry is aimed at giving comfort and support to congregants who are suffering as a result of sickness or injury.
The newborn baby visits are to celebrate the gift of life and offer spiritual support and prayers during this joyous time.
WHAT IS DELIVERANCE?
Deliverance is the process of being liberated by Christ from demonic bondages, addictions, iniquitous patterns, generational curses, cycles of sickness and infirmity and other ungodly strongholds through the use of spiritual warfare prayers, resulting in the establishment of the kingdom of God in individual’s lives, in families, in communities, nations, etc.
WHAT IS INNER HEALING?
Inner Healing is the process whereby an individual’s emotional wounds and challenges are addressed and healing and restoration takes place to align them to God’s true intent for their lives, body, soul and spirit.
MEETING DAYS, TIMES AND VENUE
- Mondays to Thursdays 8am-4pm at 147 Robert Mugabe Avenue for Deliverance, prayer and counselling by appointment. Severe emergencies will be dealt with on a case by case basis